Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Goodie bags and invitaions for a Camp Out Birthday Party!!!!

Alright, this is going to be long... :) lots of pictures, I'm hoping... :)

We had Katherine's 7th Birthday party this past Saturday it was a week after her actual birthday. She wanted to have a Camp Out party last year, but I am so glad that we waited another year to do something like this. It was a lot of fun. We had a BIG tent that a friend let us borrow... it was BIG and the girls LOVED playing in it. We had about 7 girls all but Leda were Katherine's age. They were big enough to do things on their own that was the good part. LOL:)

While it was light we did the opening of the gifts, the blowing out the candle of the cake and our craft. I had gotten some wooden flowers with a hook on them at WalMart and the girls painted them and took them home. I think they had fun.

When it got dark, my dad and my husband started a small fire going on the small BBQ thing and we did marshmallows and smores. The girls LOVED that part and so did the adults that were there. I loved that we didn't have to be with each girls as we were sitting by the fire and watch them. They were all big enough to do that part well and safe. Even our baby Sara got to do marshmallows, I of course did help her.... :)

Later we had some cake and we all sat back near the fire and Katherine's daddy read the girls their books that they brought with them. They were short story books and it was fun and the girls really enjoyed that part.

Here are some pics from the party.

The tent.



My dear friend made us a camping cake. It was beautiful. There is a crack that you can see, or if you don't see it, here's what happened. As I was lifting it up to take out side it feel out of my hand and fell... :( Yup! I felt so bad. But my friend was able to save it... So that was good! :)



Katherine blowing out the candles.


Craft time.



Marshmallows time.



Story time.



Now to the goodie bags and the invitations.

I had a lot of fun doing these. I think I might have gone overboard with the invitation as one of the moms thought that all that words that I stamped on there for them to bring in different colors and stuff was for FUN... like I got carried away and just stamped all over.. LOL:) I thought that was too funny!!!

On the card I use my cricut... LOVE that thing!!!!
Doodlecharmes cartridge for the trees.
CTMH camping theme stamp for the tent and the stars.
CM circle punch for the moon.
Dark brown or dark blue chalk to chalk the pieces.
Some left over papers.



For the inside of the card I used bunch of different stamps that I have. I wanted it to be funky and camp theme like. On the top part I had the party info and the bottom was what to bring....



And here are the goodie bags that I did.

Now these were fun to do. I got some brown lunch bags. Again used my cricut this time it was Plantin SchoolBook cartridge for the grass on the bottom of the bag. Remember to click fit to page button if you are using Expression that helps you to make the 12" border thing.... Hit that button before you set your size. Love that button when I learned how to use it. :)

"Thanks" was done from BeyoundBirthdays cartridge, size 6 inch long.

Then I stamped bunch of flowers from CTMH stamps and other flower stamps I have.

Folded the flap. Punched out two holes with a punch hole thing put a ribbon through and tied the "Thanks" to the bag with the ribbon.

It was fun and very easy....

Here are some pictures of the bags and of my little helper.





Front.

Grrr.... OK... I just saw that the "Thanks" on this bag is backwards. The "s" is not facing the right way.... Oh, no... I hope that this bag was one of the left over once....



From the side.



In the bag I thought I would do something different this time for the goodies. I did have candy, got to have that. :) But I also like to be different... So instead of getting all the regular party favors and little toys and such, I got some school supplies for the girls. I got #2 pencils, pencil monkey hand erasers, jelly type thing to put on the pencil for your finger, glue stick, and a note book that I also altered. Oh, and each girl did get a girly ring. So they did get at list one toy in there.

Here are the note books that I did. Got them at WalMart and I had all of them done in a bout 30 min. Very easy. Cut and glue or tape the paper and a flower if you want, like I did. And if you have a 7 year old helping you it's even faster. :) Katherine loved helping out.



again my little helper...





Remember you can click on the pictures to see a bigger image.

Hopefully this will give you some ideas as far as what to do for your child's birthday Party!!! :)

Nadya :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a big success! I may run the camping idea past my 10yo for his next b day. Sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome Nadya.... I want to come to a party at your house

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies... :) Glad you like them!!! :)
    You all are more then welcome to come out our parties... :)
    Nadya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nadya!!
    This looks like it was a GREAT party!
    The girls are getting so big!

    I miss you,
    Lu..."shiregal"

    ReplyDelete