Thursday, December 3, 2009

Advent Calendar...

Today one of my projects is being featured at Practical Scrappers... WOOHOOO!!!! :)

When I first saw this advent calendar I fell in love with it... hee hee No really! I had to make this the same day as I saw it.

Christmas with the Cricut had Christina from Creations with Christina as a guest designer one week and one of the things that Christina made for Christmas with the Cricut was this awesome Advent calendar. It was so easy to make.

You can watch Christina's videos on how she did it here and here at her blog...

Here is my take on this advent calendar.



I had saved bunch of those card board idea sheets that Creative Memories puts with their paper packs. I knew there was a reason why I saved them... :)



I cut the shape using Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge. Had my cricut set to multi cut 3 times (depends on how old your blade is and if you have a deep cut blade) blade set to 6 and pressure to max, size 4 inches. I cut 14 of these cards. Pick your paper pattern and cut the same shape, same size but 24 of them.

I then used glue and glued the patterned paper to the card board shapes. On this photo you can see how much glue I put. The blurry part is the glue.



I used Fabric glue, I used this glue only because it dries fast. You'll need 2 rings and something to punch wholes with. I used my Making Memories Eyelet setter the biggest size.

Advent calendar standing. The calendar is very sturdy so it stands on it's own.



Here are some pictures of couple of the pages.








When you get to # 12 you'll flip the pages over just like the original Advent calendar that was done by Christina that is why that 24 is upside down. Don't forget to go to her blog and check it out.



I used Creative Memories Open House gift set from two years ago, Christmas stickers.
Some of the other shapes I cut out from a patterned paper that I had used and had scraps left over.
Creative Memories Christmas die cuts and Paper Dolls Dress Up Cricut cartridge for other shapes. The numbers are Lyrical Letters cartridge and other stickers.

Lots of stickels. White gel pen on some of the die cuts.

I had a lot of fun doing this project. This is going in to our Auction next week Wednesday. :)
Thanks for visiting my blog today and don't forget to check out Practical Scrappers for more awesome Christmas ideas!!!!

Nadya :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow...you did a fantastic job...I just love the details and how you made a book for a advent calendar...might have to scraplift the idea..TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadya I'm so glad you shared this calendar! I am planning to do a calendar - idea from Kerri's online crop! - for some gifts this year and I was wondering about stability. I like the idea of using those cardboard pieces - i have those too!! Thanks for being inspiring.. again!

    ReplyDelete