Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Practical Scrappers week 4.

This weeks project is so much FUN. I was so excited when I saw that this week Practical Scrappers is featuring felt!!! It is so much fun to play with felt but it can also be tricky.

Our second oldest daughter turned 5 years old on the 15th of this month. WOW! The time has gone by so fast. We are having her birthday party this Friday at the pool. She is so excited and can't wait. I love making all kinds of decorations for parties. But for some reason making those things for my own family seems to be the hardest part. For anyone else, no problem I get all kinds of ideas but for my own I get a crafters block... LOL :)

I needed to come up an idea for dd's birthday goodie bags. So I went to a scrapbook store, I had to pick up couple of things any ways. There I saw this cute little box, this scrapbook store has one of those big cutting things and if you buy their paper you can cut what ever shape you like (that they have) for free. So I did. I only needed 9 boxes so that was perfect.

As soon as I got those boxes cut Practical Scrappers challenge came to mind. It was perfect.

I cam home put in Animals Kingdom cricut cartridge in, picked out my elephant head (sense that is what dd wanted for her birthday theme) size 2 1/2" and let the cricut do it's job of cutting. I had some green felt so I draw some leaves using CM photo pencil and then cut them out.

I got some felt flowers from Target by Making Memories.
Some buttons from my buttons stash and starting putting the boxes together.
Some raffia for the button and for the tag on top.
SU scalloped circle punch for the tag.

Here is the box.





I also made invitations using the same elephant from the Animals Kingdom. The elephant size is 5" same for the shadow so don't change the size when you cut that out. The party hat came from Doodlescharms cartridge.





I added some stickles in the circles of the party hat.



I really love how the boxes turned out. So I hope that you will too.

Don't forget to go to Practical Scrappers to check out other ladies work!!!! :)

Thanks!
Nadya

1 comment: