Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Birthday and goodie buckets..... :)

Our oldest daughter turned 8 last Sunday. :) WOW! The time has gone so fast. I can't believe we have an 8 year old. She was born 7lb and was the cutest little baby girl ever!!!! She was born 2 hours and 10 minutes after my birthday... :) I love that our birthdays are next to each other!!!!

Every year I have the hardest time deciding what to do for our kids birthdays. What theme? What kind of goodie bags? and so on and on.... Planning a birthday party for an 8 year old is totally different then planning a party for a 5 year, I tell ya. Specially for a girl. What ever happened to a princess cake and princess type games???? LOL :) She really really wanted to have a make up party this year. So mom caved in and we had so much fun. We had 7 little girls here, we painted their toe and finger nails. Did facial masks, watched a really funny movie, had pizza and cake with ice cream. I am so glad that my sister is here visiting right now and she was able to help me with this party or I would have never been able to do it all by my self that's for sure.

Even though my baby girl is grown up I'm so enjoying all the fun that we are having!!!!

Here are all of the girls with their masks on.... aren't they cute?



Here is one of the goodie buckets that I did for the girls. Practical Scrappers challenge this week is embossing so I did more heat embossing. Still learning, I'm scared I'll do it the wrong way... LOL :) But I LOVE it so much!!! I just need to get more embossing powders now.



I just had these pail buckets left over from another project that I did, they were perfect as a goodie bag. Went to Target with my sister and picked up couple of party favors.



I cut the heart from "Doodlecharms" cricut cartridge, then punched the wholes and chucked the edges with brown chalk.

I simply stamped the sentiment stamp with the embossing ink thing (sorry forgot what's it called :) ) and then heated with my gun.



Added some stickers that I picked up at a store and all done.... Oh and I also did these cute little paper clips that I added to the ribbon.



It was a fun birthday party!!!! :) We all had a blast!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!!!

Don't forget to check out Practical Scrappers. There's a BLOG HOP going on this weekend. A lot of design team ladies are participating. So go there and check it out....

Nadya

4 comments:

  1. Adorable photos and your bucket is a super cute idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a d o r a b l e !!! Makes me wish i had some girls! Fun fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How *adorable*!! I love kids parties. :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. xo

    ReplyDelete